Skip to main content

Top AI Tools I Use and Love

I mentioned previously that I use several different AI programs, let me tell you who I use and why.

The main AI program I use is ChatGPT 4o. I used the free version for a while before signing up for their paid version—the difference is night and day! It was very much worth the $20 a month. 

I mainly use it for research, both personal and work-related; I use it to summarize meeting transcripts for the company I work for. I use it for writing, I love tossing a subject and request and letting the bot do its work, I do tend to go back in and tweak the prompts, although, for the summaries, I have created a private GPT so that the summaries are consistent, I do go through and make sure everything is accurate, sometimes it tosses out an odd response, it does tell you that there can be mistakes, I see them every now and again, they're easy enough to fix. 

I also use it to make some graphics. Though it doesn't do as well as some of the other graphic AI apps, it works well enough to continue using. If I can't get what I want from it, I have other sources to use. I'll go more into detail about how I use ChatGPT in a follow up post.

The next AI app I use is called playgroundai.com, it is strictly for graphics, and it is my favorite for co-creating images, I don't know if it's just a familiarity with it or it is just that much better, I do use it more for the graphics I wish to make. I have not paid to use it, I'm still using their free version which has worked quite nicely for me. I am tempted to go ahead and pay, at least for a month to see how I like it.  They have 3 levels, the free one lets you create 50 images a day, and you can use most of their filters, oh and they allow commercial use of your co-created images, something I greatly appreciate. The next level is $144 a year ($12 a month), it allows you to create 1000 images a day and they allow you to use more filters and image sizes, it's also faster. The final level is $432 a year ($36 a month) and they let you make 2000 images a day, and a lot more access to goodies. I'm considering the middle range, I might try it for a month and see how much better it is and then I can decide if I want to sign up for a year. Paying by the year gets you a discount. My profile there is https://playground.com/profile/clel49pxz03ubs601tk8puyxr


The next graphics site I use, I just discovered them recently and so far I am pretty impressed, it's https://creator.nightcafe.studio/explore

They work off of a credit system, their free level gives lots of credits and more credits can easily be earned, of course the way you earn more credits keeps you active on the site, which isn't a bad thing, it's actually quite fun. I like the graphics I've made on that site, but I have noticed that the images that have animals tend to have too many legs, it's a problem I've encountered on other sites so I know the work-around, you have to specify 2 legs or 4 legs depending on the critter. This is a problem that many other AI graphics sites have fixed, hopefully they are able to fix this too, and sooner rather than later.

Their paid levels are by credits, the bigger package you purchase, the more you get and the cheaper the credits are. And with the purchase of credits, you also have access to more filters and goodies. Depending on what I end up doing on their site, I might buy a level of credits to see how the rest of their site works, I see lots of images created by other people who obviously are paid customers, their images are vastly superior. One nice thing about this site, even on the free level, you don't have to "publish" the images that you co-create, of course they want you to publish your images so they give you incentives, and it seems that the other users are friendly and interact with each other quite a bit.

My profile is https://creator.nightcafe.studio/u/WrethaOffGrid

These are the main AI programs I use, I have tried a few other ones but they aren't ones I use regularly, I use some other programs that integrate AI into their video and photo editing programs, Canva is one I use, I've used the free as well as the paid version. I'm currently using the free version for now, I'll most likely sign back up for the paid version in the future. Canva has some AI built in, but it's not a direct AI site.

What AI programs or apps do you use? Which do you like? Which were duds in your opinion?  Let me know below.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A funny thing happened on the way to making a jackrabbit...

Here is one of the graphic AI sites where I play, I'm very new here, still learning... I wanted to create a jackrabbit in a folk art style, at first it made a kind of rounded jackrabbit, I happen to know they are typically thin and long, once I entered that prompt, it made one with 5 legs 🙄, that used to be an issue in the past, I really thought that problem had been fixed. Once I told it I wanted 4 legs and 1 tail, the next version it made for me was acceptable. I still have an image in my head that I'd like to get on paper (so to speak), I might just have to draw it myself. Here are the images as I created them along with the prompts. This first one was a little too "roundish for my taste, and the neck is too short. a jackrabbit in a folk art style This is getting better,  a jackrabbit in a folk art style, a thin upright jackrabbit I like everything except for the extra leg, I really like the white "line" within the jackrabbit. a jackrabbit in a folk art style

Who am I and why am I here?

Hey y'all! This is WrethaOffGrid , if you don't already follow me or know me, here's a little bit about me, I am a 50+ year old grandmother, perhaps closer to 60 than 50 LOL... I am a Christian, conservative, though I tend to not push my religious and political leanings, you either believe or you don't, all I can do is be the light, enough about that.  I am a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, friend to many, close with a few, I'm a dog mama currently to 2 dogs. I'm an artist, photographer, cook, foodie, omnivore, health nut, I live 100% off grid, I love learning, I love nature (not a "tree hugger though), I love natural things, I also love technology. When I first started hearing about AI, it was in sci-fi books and TV & movies, it was something to be feared, an inhuman, unfeeling, cold, impersonal, scary! It was something that seemed to be helpful at first, then it would slowly (or sometimes not so slowly) start acting in a way that is not best for th